- Choose a monochromatic outfit. Monochromatic doesn't necessarily mean boring. Mix different textures to keep it interesting (i.e. knits with leather)
- Add contrasting color or texture with a blazer, cardigan or overshirt.
- If you are petite (5'3" or under) scale everything down: smaller prints, pockets, etc. so they don't overpower your figure.
- Leave the blazer or cardigan unbuttoned for vertical lines.
- Any stripes on a garment should be vertical.
- Tie scarves loosely with long, vertical dangling ends.
- Match pantyhose color to skirt or pant and shoe color.
- Avoid big belts, which will cut you in half visually.
- Use long necklaces or pendants to add vertical lines.
- Wear skirts that are longer than they are wide.
- Choose shoes with at least an inch heel: the taller the better.
- Elongate the neck with V-necks.
- Don't go for all long items, Contrast proportions. Put a longer jacket with a shorter skirt, shorter jacket with pants, etc.
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Petite Dressing - ReCap
Here's a re-cap for new readers. Enjoy!
Posted by Gloria at 11:05 AM